New Year’s is upon us, which means most of us are frantically setting our resolutions. And chances are, it’s a fitness related resolution. “This year I’m going to lose 15 pounds,” or “This is the year I run a marathon!” Although these are great goals, no matter how you look at it, getting into a proper fitness routine is challenging. Where do you start? Which plan should you follow?
Before you go off completely changing your routine, let’s start your fitness journey with just one step… Well, more like 10,000 steps!
Fit in Kits is challenging you to take 10,000 steps every day for the entire month of January!
Let’s face it, a lot of us are spending the majority of our adult life sitting: at home, at work, even when we’re out socially. This challenge is to break you of your sedentary habits! Even us gym rats can have a hard time getting those steps in, so this challenge is not only for beginners.
Everyone who takes part in the challenge will be put into a draw to win some sweet Fit in Kits swag and a grand prize of a month’s worth of weekly personal training sessions with Fit in Kits* as well as a supplementary personalized plan to give you a jump start on your fitness goals!
Here’s how this is going to work:
- Download the Pacer app by Pacer Health, Inc onto your smartphone
- Create your profile and start following us: fitinkits, PacerID: G22380316
- Request to join the private group: Fit in Kits 10,000 steps. Group Key: P8294029
- Get walking!
And the rules are:
- Walk 10,000 steps a day!
- If you miss a day, or don’t hit your daily goal, you can add on the extra steps to the remaining days in the week. If you’re averaging 70,000 steps a week, you’re still in the running to win
- The challenge begins on January 1 and ends on January 31, 2016
If you’d like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily answer your questions!
*Sessions are held in Vancouver, BC. If you do not live in Vancouver but would like to take part in the challenge, you will still have the opportunity to score some swag from us if your name is drawn, as well as an online personalized fitness plan!